Vik will be showing two Giant Black Pear contemporary sculptures at the FRESH AIR biennial sculpture exhibition that is an amazing celebration of contemporary 3D sculptural and visual art.
FRESH AIR Sculpture 2019 will bring over 130 contemporary artistic pieces of outdoor sculptural work to this fantastic tranquil setting, with its expansive organic garden, lovely lawns, and River Coln running through. The list of contributing artists will be announced in March (freshairsculpture.com). Artwork will include installations specifically for the gardens.
Set up by art collectors, Lucy and David Abel-Smith, the first sculpture show was held in the Quenington Old Rectory gardens in 1992. Acclaim for the show’s originality and innovative mixture of traditional, modern and cutting-edge contemporary outdoor sculpture has grown year by year and it is now an established and much anticipated fixture in the art events calendar.
The excitement of FRESH AIR is the huge diversity of materials exploring a variety of media: from stone to textiles, ceramic to glass, sound to video, mosaic to metals, rubber to resin. Monumental pieces sit alongside smaller works to suit every size of garden or outdoor space.
- Fresh Air 2019 will take place from Sunday June 16th until Sunday July 7th
- Open 10am – 5pm every day including Sundays
- Admission is £7.50 for adults, children 18 yrs and under free
- All artists work will be for sale at prices ranging from £50 – £50,000
- Catalogues will be for sale at £5
- Refreshments will be available: light lunches and teas by 7a of Fairford. Sorry, no picnics in the gardens
- Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome
- Disabled parking available on the gravel and the majority of the gardens are accessible to wheelchairs and those with mobility issues
- Please note that there is only very limited mobile reception at Quenington Old Rectory
Quenington Old Rectory, Quenington, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 5BN - get directions on Google Maps..